This is a nice trick I bet not every one knows. I don’t know about you but I just hate the DSCN(XXX).jpg file name the digital camera gives pictures. This is especially annoying when you have the pictures from your latest trip to London mixed with your grandpa’s birthday party. After you download all of them to the hard drive, your directory looks like this:
I would prefer if the pictures were named London(1).jpg, London(2).jpg… and Grandpa(1).jpg, Grandpa(2).jpg and so on. Well, this trick will take care of this.
Select the files that belong to the London trip.
Right click the file you want to be the “base” file, and select rename. Change it’s name to “London.jpg” and magically all the other selected files will change their name to “London(X).jpg” ( if there are many files it might take a few seconds so hold tight).
Do the same for the pictures from grandpa’s birthday party.
Your directory will look like this:
How easy is that!!! Indeed a handy trick.
- 2 Ways to Read Office 2007 Documents on Every Computer
- Learn Everything About Transferring Files From Your iPod To Your PC
- How Do You Send Large Files On The Internet?
- How to Recover Deleted Files
- What Should Your Learn About Copying iPod Files to Your PC
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.